Lead

Apr 29 17 1:24 PM

Tags : :

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

May 10 17 11:20 AM

Did anyone else see this? Unfortunately they didn't really get to plug their new album, it was mainly Eurovision and use of the BF name that dominated proceedings. Interestingly, the presenters honed in on Bobby M's Eurovision escapades a lot more than I was expecting! Talk about the BF name got slightly cringey. You'd think by now they'd have a uniform & slick response to that kind of question - but when asked where the other Bobby was they all seemed a bit rabbit in headlights. Mike just said they don't know where he is! Jay explained that Bobby's wife now owns the BF name and went on to point out that Heidi would have only been 6 years old when they won Eurovision - which seemed to me as if she was having a dig. If I was them I'd keep the response short, vague and pleasant before moving swiftly on. It's clear that CMJ haven't let it go just yet (I don't suppose they ever will now).

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 4 17 10:34 PM

bflondonfan wrote:
She was definitely having a dig - I thought it was all a bit undignified.And Heidi's date of birth is given as 4.12.70 - which made her 10 at the time of Eurovision!

Sorry for the late comment on this,but I have a question. Wasn't Jay supposed to be the one in Buck's Fizz who got on with Bobby Gee? I find it kind of surprising that she would be the one to have a dig at his wife and indirectly at him. I can understand the others having a go at him but not Jay. I didn;t see the interview sorry.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Jun 5 17 12:18 PM

Yes I think you are quite right about that Bluejeans75. It would seem that, after spending so much time in the company of C&M in recent years, they have brought her round to their way of thinking. I understand that Jays loyalties will lie with The Fizz nowadays, but it is a shame that she made such a public dig. She also insulted a fan on the bands Facebook page not long so I don't really think Jays interested in the neutral/nice-guy role any more !

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 12 17 8:34 PM

Whether Heidi was 10 years old or 100, she bought the Bucks Fizz brand when Jay, Cheryl and Mike weren't bothered. Indeed, at the time, Jay would have stuck pins in her eyes rather than sing with any version of Bucks Fizz again. I maintain, it's like someone knocking on the door of your house and saying they wish they'd bought it 25 years ago. Well, if they'd been interested at the time things could have been different.

As my favorite member of the band, it saddens me that Jay seems to have lost her dignified silence on these issues.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help