Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 8 17 2:08 PM

Tags : :

RIP Richard Hatch - Captain Apollo from the original Battlestar Galactica. Loved that show - and more a fan of Dirk Benedict - but also a  fan of Richard Hatch.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 9 17 1:25 AM

Yes this is rather sad. Strangely, i was sorting through lots of old old old boxes on Tuesday (as I'm moving) and I came across a large collection of Battlestar Galactica cards. So the show was on my mind when i later read that he'd died.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 14 17 5:29 AM

Very sad indeed to hear of his passing from insidious pancreatic cancer at age 71.

Apollo was a gentle, yet strong character on this very popular sci- fi show, which ran for one season from 1979 / 79  and which had marvelous special effects for it's time.

Richard Hatch was a most handsome man, who years later had tried to have the series revived in his own way and with his own script for a
a ''continuation story'' of what had been prior... Sadly, it never came to fruition.

The more recent re -imagined tv series of  BG from 2004, which had a much more darker tone than the original show, did absolutely nothing for me.

May Richard rest in peace, along with Lorne Greene who was the original Commander Adama and also a few others from the show who have also passed in recent years! 

Last Edited By: OzFizzMikeB Feb 14 17 6:11 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help