Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 11 17 7:08 PM

Tags : :

I've seen a similar thread for a different artist on another forum and wondered if it might work here.

The plan is to go through the entire BF back catalogue one by one and for people to post their rating out of 10 (half marks are allowed!), along with any comments or anecdotes they might want to make.

I figured alphabetical order would be as good as anything so with that in mind I'll start with the numerically based 10,9,8,7,6,5,4 (!).

My rating for this song is 7 out of 10. It's a decent enough song but doesn't quite hit the heights that some of their other songs do.

I never owned Hand Cut back in the day so only discovered this song a few years back when I went out and bought the back-catalogue all at once.

Who is next to share their rating/thoughts??!!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 13 17 8:54 AM

I give this song a solid 8 out of 10

I've always liked this tune since I first got the Hand Cut album on vinyl in 1983 and while the song is a tad repetitive and with some ''clunkiness'' here and there it has a great melody
and enough variation to rate highly for me but not quite reach the peak of some of their other hits and singles!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 13 17 2:40 PM

I think its one of the best 2 tracks on Hand Cut along with I'd like to say I love you. The 2 singles didn't hit the highs of previous ones (Run For Your Life was their first single not released in Australia I believe?).
I love the drums, Bobby's vocal and the vocal mix towards the end (Been through this we've said it all before...Don't intend to take it anymore...etc). I love it and still today its a favorite 8.5/10

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 15 17 4:44 PM

I really like this track. It was a typical sound for the group at their time and is a tad over-produced. The lyrics are a bit clunky, but it's an enjoyable enought song. Wasn't it included on the "sticker" on the front cover? Always made me think it could have been ear-marked as a potential single (though I think they would have gone for I'd Like To Say I Love You if there had been a third single). Anyway... a decent 7.5 out of 10 from me!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help