Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 6 17 7:51 PM

Tags : :

Ok I'm scraping the barrel now, but it's a shame to see the survival game end so I thought maybe we could do one for F&F.

Remember though, you can only axe one song (despite maybe wanting to do more haha!):

MY CAMERA NEVER LIES
LEAVE THEM ALONE
HEART OF STONE
THIS DAY IS MINE
I HEAR TALK
JOY!
CANT STAND THE HEAT
MY ANGEL
TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP
LOVE TO LOVE
MAKING YOUR MIND UP
AINT IT A SHAME

I must admit I'd forgotten that MYMU was even on this album until I was copying the track list down. I'm definitely going to have to give this album a play on the way to work tomorrow to refresh my memory a bit.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 7 17 9:49 AM

It's got to be AIN'T IT A SHAME for me.
In my opinion, there are actually two stand out tracks on this album. I won't mention them now because I don't want to influence anybody.

MY CAMERA NEVER LIES
LEAVE THEM ALONE
HEART OF STONE
THIS DAY IS MINE
I HEAR TALK
JOY!
CANT STAND THE HEAT
MY ANGEL
TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP
LOVE TO LOVE
MAKING YOUR MIND UP

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 7 17 5:20 PM

Listened to F&F for the first time in ages today... Unfortunately it's worse than I remembered (sorry!).

At least with Mike stock at the helm of the new album we won't get another Saga-esque offering from the band next time.

Anyway, im ditching My Angel, it's a cruise-ship bar snooze-fest.

MY CAMERA NEVER LIES
LEAVE THEM ALONE
HEART OF STONE
THIS DAY IS MINE
I HEAR TALK
JOY!
CANT STAND THE HEAT
TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP
LOVE TO LOVE
MAKING YOUR MIND UP

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 7 17 9:34 PM

^ On the same basis, "Joy!" is next for the chop.  The album really baffles me, For all the hassle and heartbreak that went into regrouping and pushing for use of the group name, this album is virtually the antithesis of what the group stood for in its heyday. I tried hard to like it but found too little to love.  This album suggests (to me) that the group needs bolshy management, A&R and producer(s). 

MY CAMERA NEVER LIES
HEART OF STONE
THIS DAY IS MINE
I HEAR TALK
CANT STAND THE HEAT
TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP
LOVE TO LOVE
MAKING YOUR MIND UP

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 7 17 11:22 PM

Well of course it's a thoroughly ghastly album with practically no redeeming features. I'm torn here because I only want to keep one song which I love. But I think I'll get rid of the horrific Talking in your sleep. I can't even be arsed to write out the remaining tracks!

Your Signature ...

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Mar 8 17 8:02 PM

I think for me My Camera Never lies needs to go, they should have left that alone, the original is far too good to mess with.

HEART OF STONE
THIS DAY IS MINE
I HEAR TALK
CANT STAND THE HEAT
LOVE TO LOVE
MAKING YOUR MIND UP

Get Busy With The Fizzy!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Mar 9 17 12:19 PM

I've listened to this album maybe twice so I thought I needed a refresher before voting.  Having half-heartedly searched high and low for at least a minute and a half I couldn't find my copy, so I decided just to YouTube it instead (Cathy - you may not own the album but you could have done the same - listen to any of the tracks and you'd have one to vote out smiley: grin )

This collection is worse than I remember.  There seemed to be little to nothing redeeming about any of the tracks.  I guess it was an experiment for them and maybe leaned towards the kind of music they were personally listening to?  I can't see why otherwise they would have released it.  Bad remakes of songs that should have been left well alone in the first place, matched with under par original songs.

I'm hoping that the surprisingly good new version of Land of Make Believe gives us more hope for their next release.

Back to the game and thirty seconds into the new version of Heart of Stone and that was gone.

THIS DAY IS MINE
I HEAR TALK
CANT STAND THE HEAT
LOVE TO LOVE
MAKING YOUR MIND UP

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Mar 14 17 12:41 PM

So this thread has died on its ar$e then?

Maybe we should have stopped after the fifth studio album? (Story of Bucks Fizz's life? smiley: roll)

I think as it's been five days since the last post, people who have already voted one off can take a second shot at it?  Just to bring the game to an end?

I won't just yet (as I was the last person to vote one out)... but these are the songs that are left.

THIS DAY IS MINE
I HEAR TALK
CANT STAND THE HEAT
LOVE TO LOVE
MAKING YOUR MIND UP

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Mar 14 17 6:36 PM

First off, many apologies for ditching your favourite Andy!

LOL at Mr Fizz...indeed things would have been best left at WOTW. Good shout for keeping the game going - happy to wield the axe for a second time :)

It has be Love to Love next - virtually all of the new songs (although Love to Love isn't exactly new) were big let downs. That leaves...

THIS DAY IS MINE
I HEAR TALK
CANT STAND THE HEAT
MAKING YOUR MIND UP

PS - maybe the lack of participation in this survival game is because people just can bear to wield the axe to any of the songs on it!😉😉😉

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Mar 14 17 10:22 PM

OK, song number two to be hacked away for me is Making Your Mind Up.
When Cheryl does it live in this form on her own it is quite nice, but to me as a group piece it doesnt sound great.

THIS DAY IS MINE
I HEAR TALK
CANT STAND THE HEAT

Get Busy With The Fizzy!

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Mar 14 17 10:57 PM

OK, if we're allowed a second swipe at this album, then I'm sending I Hear Talk to the headmaster's office.  This remake is not nearly as clever as it thinks it is.  

And, if you ask me, neither is the other remake. Not that I'd want to influence your decision.  But for the love of Frida and all that is holy, dump IYCSTH and write the death cert for this album once and for all. 

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Mar 15 17 10:44 AM

There was only ever going to be one winner on this album right from the start. It even got a play on Radio 2 at the time, when Chris Tarrant stood in for Steve Wright, if I remember correctly?

I take great pleasure in announcing THIS DAY IS MINE as the winner! It's quality.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 16 17 8:50 PM

Yes a worthy winner indeed. We will have to play this again when the new album (finally) comes out.

Oooooh that's just give me an idea for another game :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help