Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 4 17 8:59 AM

Tags : :

And so on to the final studio album from the band. I will have to away and think about who to axe as there's three (yes three!) songs that I actively dislike on here... And I'm really not sure which one I dislike the most lol. NEW BEGINNING YOU AND YOUR HEART SO BLUE SOUL MOTION LOVE THE ONE YOURE WITH KEEP EACH OTHER WARM MAGICAL LOVE IN A WORLD GONE MAD DONT TURN BACK THE COMPANY YOU KEEP GIVE A LITTLE LOVE Ps thanks Mike for uploading all of those videos, I'll take a look when I get some spare time this weekend :)
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 4 17 10:27 AM

I think it's a pretty solid album, especially when you consider the pressure they must have been under from the fallout of Jaygate, the move to a new label, and the apparent inability of their management/producer/A&R people to commit to a genre.

NEW BEGINNING
YOU AND YOUR HEART SO BLUE 
SOUL MOTION 
LOVE THE ONE YOURE WITH 
KEEP EACH OTHER WARM 
MAGICAL 
LOVE IN A WORLD GONE MAD 
DONT TURN BACK 
THE COMPANY YOU KEEP 
GIVE A LITTLE LOVE

I'm torn here.  I was automatically ready to dump The Company You Keep but then I remembered that Give A Little Love hadn't been on the original vinyl edition, but was a B-side instead.  It's a perfectly fine song but the production is ridiculously flimsy and tinny.  It sounds like a B-side.  So, it's buh-bye to Give A Little Love for being below the production par of the rest of the album.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 4 17 5:39 PM

Bobby co-wrote The company you keep! And didn't he play the harmonica on it? I still have great memories of Bobby singing this when MIke lost his voice!! I have great memories of most of these songs - great live shows. This is another great album. Difficult decision but I have to lose Don't turn back - sorry.

NEW BEGINNING
SOUL MOTION
LOVE THE ONE YOURE WITH
KEEP EACH OTHER WARM
MAGICAL
LOVE IN A WORLD GONE MAD

Bobby does it better!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 4 17 6:23 PM

Weird album this one.  I remember that even though only New Beginning had made the charts the promotion "boasted" that is contained "SIX Hit singles" (they had managed to shoe-horn in an unnecessary remix of I Hear Talk to help that, but still "Hit" singles was pushing it!!)

So only four album tracks, which was a bit rubbish for Fizz fans who therefore probably already owned more than half the album!

I'm not surprised at the songs that have gone out so far and it's getting tough to choose between those left already... But...

I think Soul Motion should have been a single... Love In A World Gone Mad is arguably better than some of the others...  It's going to have to be Magical... It's going sooner or later anyway...

NEW BEGINNING
SOUL MOTION
LOVE THE ONE YOURE WITH
KEEP EACH OTHER WARM  
LOVE IN A WORLD GONE MAD

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 4 17 10:01 PM

Oh good I'm in time to play for once. Time to get rid of that dreadful, trite ballad with its horrendous lyrics. Keep each other warm.....do one!

NEW BEGINNING
SOUL MOTION
LOVE THE ONE YOU'RE WITH
LOVE IN A WORLD GONE MAD

Your Signature ...

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 4 17 10:26 PM

It's funny how we are all fans of the same band yet our tastes differ so much.

I love Keep Each Other Warm and really like a the company you keep too. My 3 active dislikes are give a little love, soul motion and love in a world gone mad. I can just about bear LIAWGM slightly more than I can Soul Motion, so that means Soul Motion has to go...

NEW BEGINNING
LOVE THE ONE YOURE WITH
LOVE IN A WORLD GONE MAD

(Surprised that LTOYW is still here at this stage, I thought it was quite universally disliked!)

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 5 17 1:55 AM

I never liked their version of Love The One You're With, with all the de de de de bits it was just too formulaic for me.
So auf wiedersehen to you!

NEW BEGINNING
LOVE IN A WORLD GONE MAD

Get Busy With The Fizzy!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Mar 5 17 12:52 PM

Agree re different preferences. Love the One Your With is my fab single! Yes, who would have thought!! Love having Ben Wigan appear again - always rely on him to turn things up lol. And agree on KEOW - makes me cringe!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#18 [url]

Mar 6 17 7:46 PM

And a very worthy winner too!

Ifive enjoyed these threads, it's lived the place up a little!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help