Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 24 17 12:51 PM

Tags : :

Onto album number four and it's the one where, in my opinion, you couldn't judge the style of songs on it from the singles - I HEAR TALK.

Choose ONE song to VOTE OUT of the list and then paste the remainder of the songs left for the next person to choose from.

We work down until one song remains which is the winner.

I HEAR TALK
INDEBTED TO YOU
TEARS ON THE BALLROOM FLOOR
COLD WAR
GOLDEN DAYS
TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP
BREAKING ME UP
JANUARY'S GONE
SHE CRIES
THIEF IN THE NIGHT

I think that two of the singles are the weakest tracks on the album... but more on that later...

Ready... Steady... VOTE!!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 24 17 3:15 PM

I get first choice! My favourite album - proving there is no such thing as too much Bobby! I love the singles. Most of the tracks are great - and I love the harder feel to it all. My brother - not a Fizz fan - thought Tears on the Ballroom floor was very good - maybe they should have gone with that as a single. Anyway - I'm going to lose January's Gone!

I HEAR TALK
INDEBTED TO YOU
COLD WAR
GOLDEN DAYS
TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP
BREAKING ME UP
SHE CRIES
THIEF IN THE NIGHT

Bobby does it better!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 25 17 9:51 AM

Also my favourite album by far, and the only one I can still play right through and enjoy all the songs. 

Thief in the Night needs to disappear.

I HEAR TALK
INDEBTED TO YOU
COLD WAR
GOLDEN DAYS
TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP
BREAKING ME UP
SHE CRIES

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 25 17 10:44 AM

My favourite album also -closely followed by WOTW! Don't shoot me! Anyway, controversial maybe but Talking in Your Sleep needs to go for me. Never liked it, though styling was poor for this single and the routine was cringe inducing. So goodbye.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 25 17 11:48 AM

My fave album as well. Some great tracks! Looooove 'Indebted to you'!

But strangely, one of their weakest singles ever is on it. As much as I love the video, not too keen on the song - it just lacks a certain... something Bored   Farewell, 'Golden Days'.

I HEAR TALK
INDEBTED TO YOU
COLD WAR
BREAKING ME UP
SHE CRIES

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 25 17 2:53 PM

A really terrific album.  For me, the next song to go has to be "She Cries."  The 'Stars In Their Eyes' style copying of Nik Kershaw's vocal was too slavish.  Bucks Fizz were way better than that.

I HEAR TALK
INDEBTED TO YOU
COLD WAR
BREAKING ME UP

Last Edited By: Hometime Feb 25 17 3:03 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 26 17 2:09 PM

I just adore this album!!! It's a tough decision as I actually like all these songs so much,but regretably I have to pick one,so it's gotta be 'Cold War' So we're left with,

I HEAR TALK
INDEBTED TO YOU
BREAKING ME UP

Last Edited By: BlueJeans75 Feb 26 17 2:13 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 26 17 2:50 PM

There is such a musical difference between this album and Hand Cut which I guess evolved through the singles released in-between them for the Greatest Hits album.  But the stand out tracks here were hidden behind two bland singles - Talking In Your Sleep and Golden Days.  It's a shame that this album failed commercially and so few "casual buyers" would have got to hear Bucks Fizz at their most experimental.

It's the two singles mentioned above that I consider to be the weakest tracks on the album.  Why oh why did they not release the standout Breaking Me Up?

I'm not a fan of Fizz ballads in general, but January's Gone is one that I think it really great, so I was saddened that it was the first track out on the thread,.

As for She Cries... I seem to remember a magazine feature with Jay Aston and Nik Kershaw where it was said that he would be writing a song for Bucks Fizz.  I guess She Cries was the result of that, but when it had already been a b-side to one of his own singles it was hardly "written for them".

And so to the track I have to vote out and I am axing Tears On The Ballroom Floor for the simple reason that the other three are better.  That leaves the following tracks as the final three.

I HEAR TALK
INDEBTED TO YOU
BREAKING ME UP

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Feb 27 17 5:41 PM

Well thank goodness I'm not too late!

The axe has been falling furiously fast on this one, and k was worried I'd miss out by the time I'd had a proper listen and made my decision. For it was a very difficult decision to make!

The last 3 songs are all strong in their own right and maybe I would have given the elbow to a difference song on a different day. But, with a heavy heart, I am saying Hasta La Vista to Breaking Me Up.

So, who will be the winner??

I HEAR TALK
INDEBTED TO YOU

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Feb 27 17 5:44 PM

JoeJohn37 wrote:
Whatever the reason I'm sure it would have been Bobby's fault *rollseyes* #littlejokethatsall!

Hahaha good one ! I wa listening to the album on the way into work today and it was the first time id noticed how sound-a-like the vocals are. For a split second I actually thought it as nick kershaw singing!

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Feb 27 17 5:48 PM

Mr Fizz wrote:

There is such a musical difference between this album and Hand Cut which I guess evolved through the singles released in-between them for the Greatest Hits album.  But the stand out tracks here were hidden behind two bland singles - Talking In Your Sleep and Golden Days.  It's a shame that this album failed commercially and so few "casual buyers" would have got to hear Bucks Fizz at their most experimental.

It's the two singles mentioned above that I consider to be the weakest tracks on the album.  Why oh why did they not release the standout Breaking Me Up?

I'm not a fan of Fizz ballads in general, but January's Gone is one that I think it really great, so I was saddened that it was the first track out on the thread,.

As for She Cries... I seem to remember a magazine feature with Jay Aston and Nik Kershaw where it was said that he would be writing a song for Bucks Fizz.  I guess She Cries was the result of that, but when it had already been a b-side to one of his own singles it was hardly "written for them".

And so to the track I have to vote out and I am axing Tears On The Ballroom Floor for the simple reason that the other three are better.  That leaves the following tracks as the final three.

I HEAR TALK
INDEBTED TO YOU
BREAKING ME UP

Lots of good points there mr fizz. Personally I wasn't surprised that January's gone was the first to be axed though. As soon as I saw that Cathy was the first to reply I would have placed money on it in fact haha! (In all honesty it would quite probably have been my first to get rid of too... as much as I love a ballad JG just doesn't do it for me for some reason).

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Mar 1 17 12:13 AM

Agreed Cathy, never really liked that song either.

A worthy winner... but I have to say Talking In Your Sleep is one of my fave Fizz songs!

Get Busy With The Fizzy!

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Mar 3 17 11:39 PM

Gutted I've missed this but my favourite song won!

Your Signature ...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help