Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 8 15 2:55 PM

Tags : :

Hi , for those that are interested it seems that they are trying to gain momentum for a possible 35th anniversary gig at te London palladium ..if you are a member of the Facebook group and Twitter they would like to know if you are interested to see if there is enough interest . It's only been on for 24 hours and in theory ( obvs nothing is set in stone yet) it would be a quarter capacity now . Just thought I would post for those that would be interested in going . I would only go of all 5 original members could perform ...that would be perfect .
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jul 9 15 7:20 AM

I agree..Bobby G is needed in Bucks Fizz. I also think this is the perfect opportunity to all come together for the fans and give a concert that the fans have been wanting for years !! Why can't they all come together for one show . The publicity surrounding it would boost ticket sales . Unfortunately they are too stuck in their ways ..

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 9 15 10:12 AM

It won't happen which is a shame but totally understand. Why would Bobby do it? The Cheryl, Mike mafia are so ferocious and blinkered that Bobby wouldn't be welcomed. And neither would some of us to be honest! I've been really tempted to go to the current tour but won't because it is just so damn cliquey. How sad that after all these years many of us, who have supported the band the same as others, should feel ostracised. I'll stick with my memories and Bucks Fizz I think.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 9 15 10:24 AM

Of course I would definitely go if the real Bobby was there - it would be so great for the fans. And none of us are getting any younger.

I've been really tempted to go to the current tour but won't because it is just so damn cliquey. How sad that after all these years many of us, who have supported the band the same as others, should feel ostracised. I'll stick with my memories and Bucks Fizz I think.

You should go JJ - I went albeit with my tall family to protect me! One fan was a bit off - but the others were friendly.

Bobby does it better!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Jul 9 15 1:24 PM

You should go JJ if you want to ...can always just stay near the back away from it all ..that's what I would do ! I get what you are saying though but I think most are friendly enough . I just can't get myself interested in these shows . I saw them at the palladium in 2011 which I enjoyed but for me I loved the 2004 here and now ....met some great people ( was great to meet fellow fizz fans that weren't weird ) and atmosphere was just fantastic . To hear and see other people who weren't fizz fans commenting how good they were too..I just loved it .

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 9 15 6:09 PM

Well the 30th anniversary was billed as a 'one off' and advertised as 'one night only' so if this went ahead I'd want my money back from that gig. Personally, I wouldn't go even it was all original 5 members too much water under the bridge, seen and heard too much nastiness from/about CMJ For me now it's just about the recorded music from the good old days

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jul 13 15 7:02 PM

ajh2ajh wrote:
Well the 30th anniversary was billed as a 'one off' and advertised as 'one night only' so if this went ahead I'd want my money back from that gig.

I think that "one night only" and "farewell" shows always have to be taken with a pinch of salt with regards to these tags they are given. I see that a-ha are going to release a new album soon, only a couple of years after they decided to bid farewell to the world of pop!

Pop stars should know by now that you should never say never!

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 28 15 10:37 PM

I would definitely go, its a fab venue and they would deffo put more into it.

Bobby G would never make an appearance though, aside from the CB/MN stuff I very much doubt Mrs. Manton would let him!

Get Busy With The Fizzy!

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jul 29 15 6:16 AM

Over the years I have seen numerous versions of Bucks Fizz and to be honest I am just delighted to hear the songs I love so much being sung. I can't believe how lucky I am with the amount of opportunities to see them and the wealth of CDs available. Every member of Bucks Fizz brings something different.

I have found people really friendly at the recent Cheryl and Co performances and took 2 friends to one concert who have never seen them live before. They were blown away by the show - so much so that they have booked tickets to see them again this autumn. xx

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 30 15 9:25 PM

ALways great when that happens... I took a friend to the Palladium show a few years back and he also was blown away by it

Get Busy With The Fizzy!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help